Can I just be honest? I have to admit-I am a HUGE proponent of Christian school education. This wasn't always the case. But after working in both a public school and a private Christian school, I have to say, God willing my future children will be attending a Christian school.
Now, with that said, I will say that Christian schools are not perfect. Here's the deal-I hear many people talk about how they truly believe that if you send your child to a Christian school, in turn, you are "guarding" them from things that they need to learn to face. I also hear many people state that they want nothing more than for their children to be "shining lights" within the realm of a public school. Let me tell you-Christian schools need students who can set the example for others. Christian schools are far from perfect. But with that said, when a student has the opportunity to attend a Christian school, you can be sure that on a daily basis your child is being exposed to the Word of God and the reality is, we all need as much as we can get.
If you haven't read the book, Kingdom Education by Glen Schultz, let me encourage you to do so. Schultz really presents some incredible thoughts when it comes to Kingdom Education. Here's the deal-by the time students graduate high school, we should have given them as many opportunities as possible to wrestle with the questions of life so that when they hit the college campus, they are ready to not only stand against the junk that they will face, but they are also ready to share the love of Christ with those that they come into contact with.
Anyway, food for thought. If I tried to write about everything that Schultz presents in his book, I would be here forever. Go check out the book and then let me know what you think!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment