
Why does it always seem that the week goes by slower when you have had a day off? I don't know about you, but everytime we get a Monday or Friday off, it seems as though the week drags on. It's definitely what I am feeling this week.
Anyway, this past weekend Luke and I were not only able to get lots of school work done, but we had the opportunity to head down to Lakeland to meet up with my brother and his soon to be wife. They were in the area taking engagement pictures. Before we met up with them though, Luke and I decided to take a look at Florida Southern College because so many of my students are looking at attending school there. All I can say is, WOW!! I think Luke and I want to work there one day! The campus is located right across the street from a beautiful lake-lake Hollingsworth. While we were there, there were TONS of people walking the three mile walk around the lake. The houses were beautiful and it was just an incredible site to see. As Luke and I drove around, we became very aware of this "gem" in our backyard.
I have to admit-Luke and I are weird! We LOVE going and looking at college campuses. Maybe that's why we were destined to get our Doctorate. When we were in Charleston last summer, we made it a point to visit the College of Charleston. We just love looking at college campuses. One I still can't get over is Palm Beach Atlantic. The campus is WONDERFUL! You are surrounded by water and many of the dorms have water views! It blows me away! Another great college campus is Covenant College. This college is situated on top of Lookout Mountain in Georgia and the view is just amazing. Needless to say, I think we are destined to work on a college campus one day. Or better yet, maybe we need to start our own college tour company for students. Hmmm, that's actually not a bad idea! :)
Another "weird" thing we enjoy doing is taking our Saturday morning drives. We love getting up in the morning, grabbing some breakfast, and then driving around for a bit looking at houses and anything else we might see along the way. I know this may sound weird, but we LOVE it. It is our weekly Saturday rountine.
Lastly, I LOVE going to open houses! I love to stop and see what other people's houses look like. Some call it being nosy, I just say it's curiosity! :)
So, what are some "weird" things you enjoy doing? I'm sure you have at least a couple! :)
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment