God is Faithful
I can't believe it's Thanksgiving already! What's even more crazy is that Luke and I are hosting our parents and my brother this year! Luke and I have never cooked a turkey before!! Should be interesting! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
This morning at church, we had one of our members speak because Kendal our pastor, is out of town for the holidays. Randy (who has worked in church ministry before) talked about unbelief. The title of the sermon was, "Help my unbelief". It was incredible. He spoke about how at times, all of us have unbelief. He proceeded by telling us how his good friends who live in Nashville, TN are currently battling the news of their 2-year old son being diagnosed with Leukemia. They took little Joshua to the doctors to get some kind of cream that would take away the rash on his tummy and in turn, were told that Joshua most likely had Leukemia. Turns out, he does. He went on to talk about how so many times in our lives when we face trials and different circumstances that we would otherwise never place on ourselves, at times, it causes unbelief. Many times, we can be heard crying out to God asking him what in the world is going on. He went on to talk about how all of this is a part of the journey. He also spoke about Doubting Thomas and the father who took his son who was possessed by demons, to Jesus for him to heal. He then questioned us on what our "unbeliefs" are and what are fears are.
That's not such a great question one really likes to think about. I don't know about you, but I have my fair share of fears and at times, I wonder what it is that the Lord is doing in my life.
I have to admit, one of my fears is being diagnosed with some kind of cancer or sickness. What's interesting is that I used to never have any kind of fear like this. It's only crept up on me as I have gotten older. What really bothers me is it seems like constantly, there are news stories, radio shows, etc., that deal with all of these issues. There is only so much I can take. At one point, when Luke and I used to work together at the same school, we finally just turned the radio station off because all they would talk about in the morning were sad things, like diseases and such. Not really the way I wanted to start my day off. So yeah, that's a fear of mine. It's something that I have to daily, give over to the Lord and at times, not allow my mind to wander when I am not feeling to great.
Another fear of mine is this who school thing. Gosh, what is going to become of it? In today's day and age, in order to get a higher ed degree, you practically have to go into debt to do it, unless of course you have some money. Well, needless to say, when Luke and I are done, we will have accumulated some debt. That can be nerve racking. Luke and I HATE debt! But at the same time, we know that this was the direction we needed to walk in. So, that's another fear of mine-not being able to make means at some point.
Let's see, the third and last fear/unbelief is what in the world Lord are you going to do with Luke and I? Yes, we are teachers and we enjoy that (not always), but, is this really where we are going to be for the rest of our lives. I do have to admit, Luke and I do a pretty good job of taking each day at a time, but right now, Luke hates his job. He's teaching at a new school this year and really, it's just been horrible for him. And as a wife, the last thing I want to see is my husband coming home sad and upset and such because of his job. There is nothing more that I want then to see him enjoying his job. So, because of this job that he really wants to get out of, Luke is basically sending his resume everywhere. He is REALLY wanting to get into some kind of college job whether it be teaching or some kind of staff position. Well, as you know, Luke and I really like where we live. We REALLY like Clermont, we have some amazing friends, and our church is just everything we have always wanted in a church. So, the question that is left in my mind is, ok God, are you going to move us? What do you have planned for us? So, as Luke continues to send out resumes and such, we sit here waiting patiently to see what He does. The hardest thing is that if the Lord decides to move us, that's not always the easiest thing, especially when you feel like you have just recently gotten adjusted and such. I mean, we have just finished doing some great improvements to our house. I would love to enjoy those improvements and really, I REALLY like my house. I must say, Luke and I have done quite a job with it and apparently, that's what other people think too! Plus, we are involved in this terrific church which now a days, it's hard to find a good church. And lastly, we have made some incredible friendships through this church. I mean, these people would basically do anything for you. You can be real around them, you can be yourself and you know what, they still love and care for you. That too, is hard to find.
So, what I have to keep reminding myself is that this is all a part of the Journey. Yeah, I have my fears and doubts, but I must always remember how faithful the Lord has been to me in the past and remember always, that He is God, I am not, and he knows what is best for both Luke and I. As a little plaque in my house states, "God is Faithful". This, is what I must always hold onto.
2 comments:
Hey girl- you know fear and doubt seems to creep in so frequently! I have been going through some studies at my church on this very issue-How awesome that our GOD tells us not tbe anxious about anything! We know that He is in control of everything and it all will work to His glory. Yes, there are many times I am saddened by circumstances and do not understand. I am working so hard to praise Him in all situations-whether it makes sense to me or not!
Hey Kristi! I am so happy to know that I am not the only one going through this! I find that these are the times we grow the most-when we just don't understand what is going on! I, like you, am choosing to not be anxious and to just wait patiently for the Lord! Hope you are doing well!! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment