Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yes, it's been some time since I last posted. So, I figured it was time for an update!

Things are well-school is out!! YEA!!! It's always such a great feeling to know that school is over and that you have a nice little 2-month break from the kids. I love the kids-but it's always nice to regroup and refresh.

On Tuesday, Luke and I will find out if indeed our administration jobs will be approved and go into effect. The good news is that we will be working this summer at the school as administrators. If the board approves the budget, then come Tuesday we will be good for the school year also as administrators-Luke as the dean of students and me as the curriculum coordinator. We are keeping our fingers crossed and trusting God.

Another area that I am having to trust God in is the fact that come Monday, I have to have a root canal and then at the end of next week, have surgery in my mouth. Basically, I have an extra tooth (not visible) that I've had since I was a little girl, that is harboring a cyst. Both the cyst and tooth need to come out. As one being who does not like pain and unfortunately, tends to think the worst when it comes to medical things (something I'm still trying to work on), I'm really having to trust God. Basically, I just want to get it over with! I'll keep you updated as the process moves on!

About two weeks ago, Luke and I came back from Tennessee with the seniors from our school. We had the opportunity to chaperone them while on their senior trip. It was quite a trip. Let me share with you some of the highlights:

* Bus broke down on our way to Tennessee. We were stuck at a Steak-n-Shake truck stop for like 6 hours.

* When we finally were on the road again, the bus was pulled over by a cop because the tail lights were not on.

* About 2 hours from the hotel in Georgia that we were supposed to stay at, traffic came to a complete stop due to an accident.

* We ended up having to make new reservations at a hotel that let's just say, would not be my first choice.

* Thursday, we finally make it to Tennessee. As we climbed the mountain in this charter bus, the bus gets stuck and ends up having to be towed down the mountain. Kids and chaperones had to "climb" the mountain with luggage and groceries in hand. Thankfully, cops arrived and the Chief of police helped us lug our luggage up the mountain in the his car.

* Because the bus could not make it up the mountain and because it ended up costing the bus company $1200 to tow the bus back down, needless to say, we had to figure out how we could get kids up and down the mountain each day since we would have no transportation. Luke and I ended up renting a car because that was our only option.

* Our first night there, one of our chaperons gets lost and calls 911 as she is frantically looking for our cabin. A couple of our boys ended up "rescuing" her.

It was quite an eventful trip. Let's just say this-I was happy to get home.

Tomorrow, Luke and I leave for our "in-town" vacation. We can't wait! Since we are working this summer, we had to choose to have in-town vacation. So, because we have free week of timeshare to use, we are staying at a resort that is close to Disney for the week! We can't wait! It's a 2-bedroom room and like 5 minutes from Disney and 15 minutes from work. The good thing about working during the summer is we only work from 8-1:30 Monday through Thursday. So, not only will we have our Friday's off, but we will also have our afternoons off.

OK, so there you have it! The latest and greatest! Hope each of you are doing great! Luke and I have a busy month(s) ahead of us. We leave for Nashville for training in June, my brother is getting married this month, and in July, we have our graduate studies conference to attend at Disney (we get to stay at the Contemporary, something I've wanted to do for a very long time), and we are currently taking 3 classes. Come August, we have one class and our dissertation to complete! So close to being done with this crazy doctorate! All I know is that we can't wait to have a HUGE party to celebrate!!

OK, keep in touch! I'll try to be better about this personal blog deal!

Jen

1 comment:

Kristi said...

so i feel your pain! i am having all 4 wisdom teeth out on June 9th-- I am TERRIFIED!!!! SO I will pray with you through yours and you pray with me!!
Miss you!
Kristi