


Well, things didn't turn out exactly as we had planned. Let's just say that Toby and Jack (our dogs) were all set to have a clean shave and bath, but in turn, Jack specifically, came out a little patchy. This picture does no justice to just how bad my little Jack looks! If you look close enough, you will see that Jack has quite a few bare spots on his body. Apparently, Luke did not see these bare spots until it was too late. Of course, when I first saw Jack, I could not help but gasp. Needless to say, he's playing it for all it's worth!
So, what life lesson can we learn here? Even though Jack looks horrendous and in turn, will cause anyone who see's him to gasp, I still love him and accept him just as he is. What's even more beautiful about this is that this is exactly how God sees us. Even when we are all "patchy" looking and just really messy, He still loves us and accepts us. He doesn't care what other people think-He knows us intimately and in turn, loves us regardless of what we look like and what anyone else thinks. And what's even better is that in time, those ugly bare patches are overgrown with God's love, forgivness, joy, grace, and mercy. So much so that pretty soon, not only will He not see the patches, but neither will anyone else because we have been cleansed with the blood of Jesus.
So, sweet little Jack, here are my words of encouragement. I love you regardless of what you look like-you are still my sweet little boy (yes, I call my dog my boy) and before you know it, those bare patches will be gone and you'll look just like you usual cute self!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment