Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Luke and I had another weekend filled with being in Miami. We decided to head down on Friday after work when on Wednesday I heard that my grandfather was now in the hospital. Luke and I spent Saturday at the grandparents just kinda helping where needed and basically being there. Grandpa was not looking good. When I walked into the room he started crying, which of course caused me to leave the room a few minutes later and in turn, I started crying. He had a rough day at home on Saturday. But Praise God-he is doing better!! Mom and dad just made it back home today after being there for a week. Both grandparets are home and seem to be doing well.

On the work front, Luke and I had interviews today-Luke for the dean position and me for the curriculum coordinator position. From all fronts, the interviews went well, but we will see. I think I would really like being the curriculum coordinator. I'm all about raising the standards for students and being that I love books, I think I would really enjoy setting up benchmarks, standards, and in turn, helping teachers pick out curriculum. If I get the position, I will also have the opportunity to help train/teach teachers through professional development. So, we will see! Luke and I are keeping our fingers crossed! If I get the position, I will also need to teach three classes which I know AP Literature would be one, and I would hope that the others would be 12th Grade English and an 11th grade Career class. Again, we will see!

If you get a chance, check out my page at Shoutlife:

www.shoutlife.com/coachjenniferbennett

I'm not sure about all the people who are leaving me comments, but oh well. Anyway, check it out when you get a chance!

Ok, I better get to reading some poetry for my AP class next year!!

Oh yeah, I am hoping to take AP students next year to England to visit the Globe Theare, home of Jane Austen, Canterbury, etc. PRAY that I get at least 5 students-5 students means I go for free and we go!!

No comments: