Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's so hard for me to believe that the summer is done already! Believe it or not, Luke and I have been at school now for almost three weeks. The kids have only been there three days, but we have been there for three weeks already. Our school was supposed to begin the new school year on a brand new campus, but as we all know, construction doesn't always go the way we had hoped it would go. So, needless to say, we have begun the new school year at the old campus and will be moving hopefully at the beginning of October onto the new campus. It's not going to be the easiest thing to do nor the most convenient, but it will work.

I'm really amazed by everything that has just recently taken place with work. First off, my classroom was moved to the portable with the other high school English teacher. I went to school a week early to get my room set up, only to find out that the AC was not working. So, I did as much as I could (without falling over dead due to the heat) and believe it or not, within a day, the portable was tented! So, because of that, once again, I could not get my room set up for like two days. The say of open house, I was finally able to get into my classroom and finish setting up. But, the AC did not begin working until after the first day of school. So, the other teacher and I ended up spending our first day of school in the multi-purpose room of the church with our students. Again, not what I had planned, but I am happy to say that everything has worked out!

School is going well and I am enjoying my students. I think I am going to really LOVE teaching my AP English class because there is so much freedom involved, which I love! This weekend the senior high leave for the spiritual retreat and Luke and I are in charge of team building games and such. We are really looking forward to that. Did I mention how happy I am to have Luke back at work with me!! And what's even better is that Luke is enjoying the school. He is helping coach the football team and is also helping out the new principal/headmaster with administrative duties. We really like the new principal/headmaster and are really looking forward to some great changes taking place.

The other day as Luke and I were driving I was telling him how when I was younger, one of my desires was that my husband and I work together in ministry. Of course, at that time, I had it planned out a little differently in my head. But what I love is how the Lord is doing exactly that. The Lord has placed us within the ministry of education together to help make a difference. God is so good!

So, there you have it a nutshell! Things are good. I'm currently trying to figure out whether or not I can actually make it to my final leg of training for life coaching this September. As many of you know, Luke surprised me with airline tickets to Hawaii, where the training is taking place. But, the days that the training takes place, are the days when the school will be moving to the new campus and to pack-up and move and classroom to just once again, unload and reorganize, is no easy task. So, I am trying to figure out whether or not I can actually do this. Not to mention that being out four days in a row at this point (with where the school currently is) is not looking too good. So, I'm really trying to figure out what to do. I desperately need guidance.

Ok, I must go for now! Need to pick up Luke from Football practice here shortly!! Blessings to all of you!

No comments: