Ahh, Spring Break!
Yes, it is Spring Break and I am thrilled! It's so nice to have a week off. The only bad thing is that this year, Luke and I have different spring breaks, but I guess the good news is that I should have a good amount of time to catch up. I have about a million papers to grade and I have two projects due for my doctorate within the next couple of weeks. So, as much as I would love to just sit and read one of the many books I have just ordered, I must get some of my school work done.
This morning I had the opportunity to meet with two women from a local church who would like to have me as their women's retreat speaker! I am 99.9% sure this is going to happen. Our meeting went great and it seems to me that they are pretty sure that they would like me to come out and speak to their women. The retreat will take place in September at a local retreat center and it looks like I will be leading the 3 main sessions. I must admit-I'm nervous as ever! It's been some time since I have spoken in front of a large group, let alone a group of women. So please, if you think about it, please say a prayer for me! This is a biggie!
As far as my doctorate is concerned, I'm still going back and forth. Here's the deal-I know that one day I would like to work on a college campus overseeing their ministry program. I would really like to interact with students on this level. It seems to me that many schools would like you to have a D.Min degree or something of that nature. I do believe that again, if I stay with Nova or if I don't, either degree will be used. I guess I just need to really figure out financially which would be better and also, if I were to switch, how many credit hours will be accepted by the other school. I have been in touch with Dallas Theological Seminary and it looks like they will accept some of my credit hours. I have applied and hopefully within a month, will know exactly how many credit hours they will accept and such. So, we will see. I just keep praying and really seeking the Lord's advice along with others.
What's so interesting is that this past weekend, our good friends Jim and Lynne had quite a few college students from Cederville University staying with them. Lynne, who attended Cederville was hosting the Alumni meeting and both her and Jim invited us over for some food and fellowship. We had the opportunity to meet with the president and a variety of college students. The following evening, the four of us along with 10 college students went out to eat. It was great! I not only got to share with some of the college girls what Blooming Ministries is all about, I also was reminded of how I truly long to one day work with college students. One of the students told me that in the near future the school will be looking for an on campus women's ministry leader! Of course, my heart jumped and I immediately gave him my business card. So, after this weekend, it has become quite apparent to Luke and I that we do hope to make it to a college campus in the future. Maybe that was God's way of encouraging us to keep going down the path we are on and to not give up!
Last week I had the opportunity to hang out with my junior students all week. On Monday and Tuesday we did a local service project and then Wednesday we headed down to Palm Beach Atlantic University to do a campus tour. We stayed the night at a hotel and then came back on Thursday. Then on Friday we headed out to Islands of Adventure. We had a GREAT week! It was so much fun playing ultimate Frisbee and beach football with the kids! They also got a huge kick with me screaming while riding the Hulk roller coaster. If you have never been with me on a roller coaster, one thing that is unique about me is that I tend to yell out the name of Jesus-seriously, it helps calm me! It's crazy, I know! My students just laughed and laughed! I'm happy to be able to bring humor to them in so many more ways than this (beach football, etc.). It was really nice bonding with them!
Well, I should probably get going here. I am planning on meeting Luke at his tennis practice with his high school girls and from there, we are planning on getting a run in. Then after that, Jim wants to head to the mall with us to buy some stuff. Fun filled evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment