At home with the flu
Well, here it is Tuesday February 27th and I'm at home with the flu once again. This must be like the 10th time I've had it this year. It still amazes me that I am getting this nasty virus so many times this year. I'm beginning to wonder if there is something in my classroom (besides the students) that is causing all of this. Anyway, I'm hoping that the doctor will just prescribe me some medicine and not require me to come into the office.
Life is Clermont is going well. I am pretty sure that the Lord has made it quite apparent that Luke and I are to stay here. The Lord has just not opened any doors for us anywhere else. So, I'm pretty sure that this is where he would have us for now-and to tell you the truth-I'm happy with that. We love our home, friends, church family, etc.
Regarding job situations, I am planning on staying at Foundation Academy next year. I really do like the high school kids and next year, we will have the joy of being on a new campus. The good news is that it looks like Luke will also be at Foundation Academy next year. He went in last Friday for an interview and there is no doubt that they REALLY want him there on campus. So, Luke and I are excited about working at the same school once again. I will have the opportunity to teach an AP Literature class and Luke may have the opportunity to teach an AP Biology course. So, that will give us some experience teaching a college level course. Praise God that he has made it possible for us to work together at this school. He has made the finances possible for this to take place and that we are so grateful for!
A couple of weeks ago, the Lord really blessed Luke and I beyond what we could have hoped for. We went and had our taxes done and we got back so much more than we have ever received in the past and so much more than what we expected. We have been able to use that extra money towards a good chunk of our car debt (being that we had to get a new car this year since our other one went out on us), so we are very grateful for that.
As many of you know, about a week ago I came across the website of Dallas Theological Seminary and realized that in the summer of 2008, they will begin offering a Doctorate in Women's Ministry. Well of course, when I saw that, my heart jumped for joy. I have asked many of you for prayer because there is a part of me that would really like to be a part of that program, but at the same time, I have been working hard on my current doctorate which I am 24 credit hours into. As of now, it seems to me that it might be best to just stick with the program I am currently enrolled in. I'm still praying about it, but for now, it just seems to me that maybe I need to stay put. Who knows-I am still communicating with DTS and seeing if they will take any of my credit hours-if something drastic happens, then I may switch over, but for now, I am staying put.
Blooming Ministries is doing well. I am going to be coaching someone from the Dominican Republic, so that is exciting. I also received an email yesterday about possibly speaking at a women's retreat in September, so we will see if that happens to work out or not. I have also had the opportunity to teach 4 women one of the training books for becoming a Life Purpose Coach, so that has also gone really well. All in all, the ministry aspect of it is going well. I just keep taking it one day at a time and in turn, just allowing the Lord to do with me what he wants to do.
Next week, I have the opportunity to hang out with the Junior students from Foundation. We will be doing a service project on Monday and Tuesday and then Wed. and Thursday we will be taking campus tours of UNF and Palm Beach Atlantic University. Then Friday we are off to Islands of Adventure. So, we have a fun filled week ahead of us. Then the following week is Spring break!!! So, hopefully, that week off will be a time of rest, relaxation, and refreshment, along with working on my concept paper for Nova.
There's the latest happenings! Hope each of you are doing well! Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment