Prayer Please!
Well, God sure is working in some mysterious ways. As many of you know, Luke has been sending out his resume to a variety of schools to see if anything might open up. Well, we need some prayer. On Monday, Luke has an interview with Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, Florida. Then on Friday he has an interview with Saint Leo University. Personally, I am pushing for the Jacksonville one. Now with that being said, I also have to mention that if he were to get the job, leaving our Clermont would not be the easiest thing. First off, Luke and I really LOVE our church family. We would hate to leave them. They truly are like family to us and we desire nothing more than to work alongside them as we reach this community for Christ. Secondly, we would HATE to leave our friends. Again, we have made some incredible friendships through the church and in turn, it would be hard to leave. Third, we truly love our home! Leaving our little home that we have worked to so hard to make it ours, would not be easy. So, if Luke were to be offered the job at JU, it would be bittersweet. But deep down in my heart I would also know that it would be for the best. This would basically be his foot in the door to what he eventually wants to do-work on a college campus. So, as of right now, it's a waiting game. Plus, I would hate to leave Foundation Academy. I truly feel that the Lord is using me here and could continue to use me here and in turn, I really think my supervisor would be very disappointed if I told him that I was leaving. But again, I trust God, whether he opens this door for Luke or not.
The Saint Leo position is a part-time position and with that, Saint Leo is 45-minutes away from our house. So, that one is more up in the air because if Luke were offered the position, he would have to find another job in order to make ends meet. So again, it's just a waiting game right now. Please keep us in your prayers.
Last night I had the joy of receiving an email from Katie Brazelton of Pathway to Purpose Ministries. I had written her about a week ago basically pouring my heart out to her in regards to my struggle as to what the Lord would have me focus on in my life right now. There are so many things I want to do and so many desire that I have, that it's hard to narrow it down. I also shared with her what so many of you wrote in regards to my characteristics. Again, I am just so humbled by your responses. Anyway, here's what she had to say:
What you do well:
serve others, serving
Why do you do it (your motive):
single-minded in your commitment to Christ, so 'sold out' to Christ, love people unashamedly
Who you are:
1) Leader, lead, strong leadership, lead up, charisma, big picture, organized, bold, coordinate, honesty
2) teacher, teach, teaching, education
3) Good listener, talk to people, encourager, encourage, motivate others, role modeling
4) Writer, writing
5) Speaker
To whom you are called during this season:
Reaching women with the Love of God, heart for people who are hurting, women's ministry
What your other spiritual Gift is:
Hospitality, make people feel comfortable, at ease and wanted
Includes:
doing the dirty work, details
Katie said that she chose these phrases from my email because they are more than simply characteristics/qualities, they are life mission indicators. It truly was a breath of fresh air when I received her email. It has really caused me to just look at how the Lord has gifted me and in turn, what I can do to bring glory to his name!
Ok, I have to run now. Need to post some grades, head home to Luke, get ready to come back to school to watch my students play some b-ball, and then we have a busy day tomorrow at Disney!! Our close friends will be there because her employer is having a huge gathering there and she gave us special tickets to go watch the fireworks in this special area with her and her husband and her co-workers! We are so excited! And oh yeah, Luke and I have officially finished our first year of our Doctoral studies! I must say, I'm quite surprised with my progress! I've made all A's thus far! Kinda crazy for a girl who can be such a flake at times!
No comments:
Post a Comment