Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So, I'm sitting here trying to figure out a new name for my personal blog. I think it might be time for a change. So, if you think of anything good, send me some ideas! I'm so not good with coming up with names for things!

The school year is in full force again. Hard to believe that the summer is gone already. I must admit though-the school year is going well. Busy, but good. Luke and I are really enjoying our new administration jobs. It's a nice change from teaching all day. It also allows us to use some of our other "gifts and strengths" that we feel we have been given. I have no idea as to what God is going to do in my life through this position, but I trust Him. I truly do enjoy being the curriculum person. I really get to work with teachers and professional development along with helping to set up standards/objectives for each of our courses. Only a book lover like me would enjoy this stuff. This year I will have the opportunity to observe and evaluate teachers. I love this stuff. I imagine that some people may wonder why being that I am younger than them, but it's not anything I'm not used to. I've always had to deal with things like this-especially when I was in youth ministry and was the the only female youth minster within a 100-mile radius! So, it should be an interesting year as I work with the teachers. Anyway, all in all, it's going really well.

I'm also really enjoying once again teaching AP Literature. I just love the freedom within this course. In July I found out that 3 of my 4 students from last year passed the exam-yea!! Of course, I was thrilled. I'm really hoping that come March of next year, my AP students and I can make a trip out to London!! We just need two more people to sign on and then the trip will be a go! It will be fabalous trip. We will get to see things like Shakespeare's house, the Globe Theatre, the home of the Bronte sisters, Bronte Museum, Canterbury, etc. Just so many wonderful things. I'm hoping it happens.

What's even more crazy is that Luke and I have our last course to take this fall in our doctorate program. WOW!! I can't believe it. One more class to go along with our dissertation. Oh, how happy we are. If you think about it, please continue to say a prayer for us and that we can get through the dissertation! We are almost home free!

So, once again, that's our life in a nutshell. Now that Luke and I are really working within close proximity of each other, our goal is to really be diligent about spending some time together, out and about. It's so easy to come home and talk about work stuff. Also, now that we see eachother like all the time, it's easy to just get caught up in not missing each other etc. So, we are going to be very diligent about spending that quality time together.

There you have it!

Stay tuned for more later!

Jen

No comments: