Well, I'm home today. This past week I have not been feeling all that great. Whatever Luke had, I in turn, got it. Yesterday, my voice started leaving me, so needless to say, when I woke up this morning, I just felt it would be best to stay home. No need in going to work and being a grump to my students all day-that just wouldn't be nice.
So, I've spent my day working on an assignment that is due this weekend-one of three. Luke's parents are coming in to town to celebrate his birthday so I figured I'd better get one of the assignments out of way. I've also cleaned the guest room sheets, washed and dried our clothes, and of course, taken a nap. So, it's been a pretty productive day. I've also been in my PJ's all day-gotta love that!
Tonight I'm meeting with Carol Carter, the founder of Lifebound. She actually is doing what I think I would REALLY like to do. She is an educational coach and has had the opportunity to write more than 20 books on helping teenagers discover who they are, their gifts, skills, talents, etc. Along with that, she has also written books on study skills, time management, etc. She is in town today speaking to the faculty at Seminole Community College and after sending me a free copy of each of her books, she asked me if I wanted to get together with her for dinner. So, I'm excited about the contact and looking forward to gaining some valuable information being that this is what my dissertation will be all about and also, she trains coaches to work within the field of education which really, is more of the direction I feel that the Lord is heading me in. Working with schools, faculty, and students in regards to making sure that students graduate knowing who they are, what direction they are walking in, and knowing what to expect when they hit the college campus. Make sure to check out my coaching blog where I specifically talk about this.
Anyway, I better go finish folding laundry and then get in the shower. I'll let you know how the meeting went!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment