Can you tell that I have been busy? It's been some time since I've had the chance to sit and write! Luke and I have been enjoying our summer break. While it's been great being out of our teaching positions, we have been busy with many other things.
Yesterday, Luke and I decided at the last minute to go and stay at a Disney resort (that's the best thing about summer-deciding things at the last minute). We have two papers that are due this weekend and we desperately needed some new scenery. While we love our little home, it can be very distracting to sit here and write papers. So, we booked ourselves a room at Saratoga Springs, requested a balcony, and as soon as we entered the room, we started writing! Believe it or not, I was able to write both of my papers in no time! So needless to say, it was great getting out of the house. Gosh, what will we do when we have to write our full dissertation!
One exciting piece of news is that Luke and I realized that once the summer is over, we will have only 7 classes left to take in our doctorate program!! I can't believe it! We are beginning to see the light!! Now, if we can just get through the dissertation, then all will be good. We have already decided that when we graduate, we are going to throw the BIGGEST party ever!! Everyone will be invited! We can't wait!
This past week I had the opportunity to meet with the two ladies who are organizing the women's retreat that I will be speaking at. We met up at the retreat center and it was just really great being able to see the layout and where everything will take place. I must admit, I'm nervous! Please pray for me. I desperately need it!
Also, here's another huge prayer request. The other day our pastor was at our house talking to Luke and I about the church leadership retreat that we are going on this upcoming weekend. First off, he has asked me to lead a session on Life Gifts which relates to discovering who you are as a person. Then, he really asked me a big thing. He asked if I would lead the church service on July 8th since he will be out of town! He wants me to speak on Purpose! YIKES!!!! I said yes, but can I tell you that I am nervous!! Oh, how I need prayer! The introvert in me would much rather hole up and write a book and speak to people that way-but for some odd reason, the Lord seems to be opening up speaking engagements for me. Have no idea what that is about!
I also just received an email from Jim, owner of Total Life Counseling-stating that the president of FACCS-Florida Association of Christian colleges and schools wants Jim to speak at the convention here in Orlando in October and that he would like me to lead a couple of sessions also. Ok, can I say YIKES again? So, this is something else that may take place.
I don't know what's going on, but I'm trying really hard not to freak out! Oh please, say a prayer for me. I so desperately need it! So, there are some big things that have recently taken place!
Other than that, life is going well. I am coaching some women and I must say, I am really enjoying it. I have just recently taken on a new client and we actually meet in person and I must say-I loved our first session together. The Lord is really just filling my heart within this ministry. I pray that he would continue to open the doors for me!
Ok, well-I think that is good for now! Hope all of you are doing well! Keep me updated!
Jen
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment