Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Heavy Heart

"Around the world each day Christians lose their jobs, their families and their freedom because they follow Jesus. They are beaten, imprisoned and killed for the name of Christ. More Christians have been killed in the 20th century than in all other centuries combined."

Well, here it is a Tuesday night at 8:42 p.m. and I have to admit, my heart is heavy. I've been sitting here trying to prepare for my Senior English class tomorrow. I've been looking over their readings on John Foxe and have been reviewing his writings which were based on martyrs. I have been looking on the web for recent martyr stories and as I find them, my heart just sinks. I feel as though I have failed-I have failed to pray for those people who have truly given up everything in order to share the gospel with those people who do not know Christ. As I read their stories I become ashamed at myself for thinking that things such as my schooling and work conditions and such are of importance. It doesn't compare to those who are truly willing to die in order to share the Gospel with those who know not.

May each of us be diligent in praying for those who have given up the comforts of America in order to reach the lost. I pray that each time you think of how bad things are in your life, or get annoyed by someone pulling out in front of you, or you just get upset over something that doesn't really matter, I pray that you would in turn take a minute to lift up those who have given their all.

No comments: