Monday, January 22, 2007

Stress

I HATE STRESS! I hate the fact that stress can just sneak up on you and then all of a sudden, it's all you are thinking about. It drives me crazy. I have to admit too, I'm not that great at handling stress. As you know, our lives have been floating up in the air. Needless to say, my husband is stressed tonight and in turn, that makes me stressed.

Today I was talking to a few teachers at lunch and I'm just starting to wonder if I need to take a break from my doctoral studies. I just feel as though I have so much on my plate that at some point, something has to give. I just don't know.

Also, something kinda weird happened last week. I get this email from my good friend Simon who is a youth minister in Texas. He writes me to encourage me to apply for a female youth minister position in Texas. The church is looking for a woman to begin a girl's ministry where the average youth attendance is 500. WOW! I have to admit, when I got the email, I was immediately excited. I have not been looking for a position like this, it just kinda appeared. Needless to say, I applied and will be speaking on the phone tomorrow with the organization that the church has hired to find someone for the position.

At this point, all I can do is leave everything in the Lord's hands. There's no use in stressing out about what the Lord is doing in our lives, what good will Stress bring to my life? All we can do is take one day at a time, enjoy each day for what it's worth, and in turn, continually trust the Lord. I often have to remind myself that the Lord has never let me down in the past, why would he do that now? He has always been faithful and He will continue to be faithful.

So, if you think about, please say a little prayer for Luke and I. This has been a weird school year for us-not what we really planned for, but I know that in some way, the Lord is trying to teach us not only patience, but to also trust Him, even when we have no idea as to what is going on or what will take place in the future. I have no doubt that He is causing us to rely on Him more and more with each new day.

Jen

PS-please say an extra prayer for my hubby-I don't like to see him stressed-all I desire is to see him enjoying what he is doing in regards to his career.

No comments: